Okay since I’m nice I will make you guys a tutorial on how to make something like these:
Idk what this ~trend~ is called, but I just call it like tall background, ascending background, extended background etc etc. and this has been requested a lot so yeah. Btw this is how I do it, so if you don’t agree or whatever, keep scrolling~
1. Pick your screencaps. This is very important that you pick pictures where the background is a block colour.. it’s hard to explain but pictures like these are the best:
These are the best because you can extend the top part of the picture. You don’t have to choose pictures that have block coloured background, but as long as you don’t choose pictures that have a complicated background or where the person’s head is cut off then you’re fine.
2. I’m using this picture for the tutorial. As you can see, the background isn’t a completely still colour but it’ll work.
Crop it until your object is in the middle or however you want it. Resize it so that the width is 160px wide.
3. Change the canvas size with the settings shown below:
4. Use the rectangular marquee tool , select a strip of the top of the picture, press Ctrl + T and extend it all the way up.
5. This looks like shit currently but that’s okay. Now apply your colouring, I’m not gonna give out the psd this time because the colouring really depends on your screencap.
6. Go Layer > New > Layer, select the eyedropper tool and click on the solid colour bit of your picture. The red circle below indicates where I’ve chosen to click.
7. Use a medium sized soft brush, mine was 48px, and brush over the top bit of the picture until you cover the imperfections etc like this:
Don’t worry if it’s not perfectly blended yet, mine isn’t!
8. Now you go Filter > Blur > Gaussian Blur, and set the radius to an amount that will make the colour blend in and have a natural looking ascend~ I used 20.5px.
9. Brush over any little imperfections. Sometimes the object would be affected by the Gaussian blur, like in the picture above, you can notice that Dakota’s face has like a pink mist over it, use a small-ish eraser to wipe off the pink mist~
10. You are pretty much done!! I added the two texture in my faq, applied some topaz, a warming photo filter and smart sharpened and ta da!!1!!
Idk if this was helpful but just remember to pick your screencaps wisely if you want to make your life easier. Also please do not do unantural looking ascends like this:
I’VE BEEN SEEING THIS ON MY DASH A LOT AND IT PISSES THE SHIT OUT OF ME OMG. so yeah don’t do it k~
Throwback pictures. Shet. Asan pala ako dyan uhhh puta kasi yung friend ko uhhhh Natatawa ako. Ang payat ko pala dati tapos nognog din omg. Sorry guys. Libre lait. HAHAHA
2011/2012 Speak Now World Tour → 2013/2014 Red Tour
“So many things changed in our lives over the last couple of years but our friendship has stayed the same”
When the little boy gave Taylor flowers | Brisbane 131207
First single called ‘Tim McGraw’ now she’s nominated for a Grammy WITH Tim McGraw. STARTED FROM THE BOTTOM NOW WE HERE.